I have to admit, the books that are being released this February don’t excite me very much. Last February, I got spoiled by the release of Neil Gaiman’s Norse Mythology, George Saunders’ Lincoln in the Bardo, Nichlas Eames’ Kings of the Wyld, Angie Thomas’ The Hate U Give, and Min Jin Lee’s Pachinko. There just doesn’t seem to be anything in this batch that is equal to any of those.
Nevertheless, there are a few books that caught my eye that I’ll be adding to my aspirational TBR stack.
My list for February 2018 is:
- Force of Nature ~ Jane Harper ~ February 6
- How to Stop Time ~ Matt Haig ~ February 6
- Jagannath ~ Karin Tidbeck ~ February 6
- Semiosis ~ Sue Burke ~ February 6
- Mission to Methone ~ Les Johnson ~ February 6
- Starlings ~ Jo Walton ~ February 13
- Ambiguity Machines and Other Stories ~ Vandana Singh ~ February 13
- Dreadful Young Ladies and Other Stories ~ Kelly Barnhill ~ February 20
- The Rending and the Nest ~ Kaethe Schwehn ~ February 20
- The Sea Beast Takes a Lover: Stories ~ Michael Andreasen ~ February 27
- A Long Way from Home ~ Peter Carey ~ February 27
Am I being unjustifiably negative? Are there any books that I should definitely add to my list?